GAC is committed to offering support for people to grow in faith, develop ministry gifts and skills, and fulfil the destiny God intends for them. We wish to encourage, empower, equip and support people in their lives, and to assist people in developing and maintaining healthy relationships.
To that end, GAC is committed to training those currently serving, or wishing to serve, in various Ministries. We run in-house training days throughout the year which include:
- Training for Service volunteers,
- Welcoming and Integration training, and
- Training for children church teachers
GAC also regularly runs, on an as needs basis, courses open to both Church members and those not currently attending Church. These courses include:
- Christianity Explored (introducing people to Jesus and the Christian faith – seven weeks)
- Discipleship Explored (a follow-up course to Christianity Explored, encouraging Christian growth)
- Alpha marriage course (helps couples grow closer and build a healthy relationship – seven weeks)
- Connect course (vision, biblical values and membership of our Church – two weeks)
- Parenting Course (training morning for parents of young children)
- Preach Club (training for potential lay preachers – seven weeks)
All training opportunities can be identified on the Church Calendar located on the ‘members only’ part of the website here.
GAC is always open to receiving ideas from Church members of possible training ideas that would continue to encourage and equip its Church members.
Any initial training enquiries should be made to the Church Office.